10.12.2012

Pumpkin Project: Eddy's Pumpkin Ice Cream


So I've been a bit of a slacker on the pumpkin project this week. Not that I have not had anything pumpkin, but both were repeats (Corner Bakery's Pumpkin Whoopie Pie and a Pumpkin Pie bagel from Panera). Lucky for me, Jenn at Cupcake Crusaders was happy to send along her review of Eddy's Pumpkin Ice Cream.


Eddy's Pumpkin Ice Cream

Hi! I’m Jenn, from the Cupcake Crusaders. When I heard that Between a Breath and a Blink was blogging about seasonal pumpkin items, I wanted in. I’m OBSESSED with fall flavors, but surprisingly I’m not a big pumpkin pie fan. That doesn’t mean I don’t love pumpkin flavored things, though. Coffee, cupcakes, cookies, beer, soup…I want it all. While scanning the ice cream selection for my weekly quart, I spotted Edy’s Limited Edition Pumpkin Ice Cream. At first I thought, “I don’t know about that…” but then figured that if I drink pumpkin spiced lattes, how could ice cream be anything but good? Curiosity got the best of me, and I added it to my basket.

I tried the ice cream 4 different ways: plain, with Limited Edition Candy Corn Oreos, topped with chocolate chips and walnuts, and drizzled with caramel. The ice cream by itself has an interesting contrast between the warmth of the spice and the coolness from the temperature. I preferred it with some extra sweetness, so my favorites complements were the Candy Corn Oreos and drizzled in caramel.

All-in-all this ice cream might not be for everyone. My husband, who does like pumpkin pie and loves ice cream, didn’t enjoy it as much as he enjoys other ice cream flavors. But, since it’s limited and seasonal, I think it’s worth letting your taste buds give it a try.


Photos: 




No comments:

Post a Comment