10.08.2012

Pumpkin Project: Boheme Cafe's Pumpkin Muffin

I am a HUGE fan of cornbread, so when I discovered how yummy Boheme Cafe's was, I became hooked. I try not to go too often, but enough that they know exactly what I want when I peek my head through the door. This morning I took the cashier by surprise by simply asking if they had anything pumpkin, which happened to be a muffin. I must say, if they hadn't had anything I had plans to go pick up a whoopee pumpkin pie from The Corner Bakery again, just can't resist those!



Pumpkin Muffin from Boheme Cafe

This muffin was actually pretty good, though I'm not certain it was pumpkin-y enough to be considered pumpkin. The flavor wasn't really spice or pumpkin,  but I still enjoyed it. It wasn't cooked all the way through which is okay by me, I like my cookies/cake/brownies on the undercooked side. There was just  alight dusting of powdered sugar on the top which was satisfactory. 

There was something about it that I couldn't quite put my finger, but then it came to me. I'd found a recipe on Pinterest for pumpkin muffins, using only pumpkin puree and cake mix, and bought ingredients to make them the other day. I imagine this is what they will taste like, but won't be able to say for certain until later in the week.


Photos: 




Ranking:

No comments:

Post a Comment