1.27.2012

Cut from the same cloth

Don't get me wrong, my mother is a wonderful woman- she's intelligent, goofy/fun loving and creative. But I take pride in the fact that I differentiate from her in certain characteristics- I'm way more laid back and able to go with the flow. However there are situations that arise in which I realize I am more like her than I care to admit.

I realized today that my newspaper subscription has continually increased over the past couple of months and so I called the circulation desk. Upon discovering my sign up deal had expired (no big deal) I asked to change to only weekends only to be told it would cost me even more! Won't lie, I got the paper for the coupons in the first place, so icily said I would prefer to cancel my subscription. The person then came back to offer a better deal. Anywho, the whole point is that I could see my mom saying the words "Well I'll just cancel then" in a snippy tone with a tense facial expression, but in this case it was me.

In times of stubbornness, snippy moods, and the desire to be introverted I am my mother's daughter. I don't mean to focus on the negative by any means, I know I am lucky to be blessed with some of her great characteristics, but as time passes I realize I am getting more like her (and my grandma). Just an interesting recognition to be aware of...

No comments:

Post a Comment