9.20.2012

Pumpkin Project: the Bagel edition

So I went to Panera this morning with the intent to buy a simple bagel (cinnamon crunch, plain). However, I discovered they have a new seasonal bagel and with this blog in mind figured I had better indulge. Boy am I glad I did!!



Panera Pumpkin Pie Bagel with NY Style Cheesecake Cream Cheese

This bagel is AMAZING. Seriously to die for. Not the best selection for breakfast food but a good indulgence every once in a while. The bagel itself tastes just like pumpkin pie, there are bits of pumpkin mix within the dough which makes it   tasty on it's own. The top has the same cinnamon crusty bits as the cinnamon crunch bagel, which is what sells it for me.

Pair it with the cream cheese and it's a slice of heaven. There are only a few things I can eat by the spoonful- peanut butter, nutella, brownie mix...ok maybe more then a few, but I could have eaten this cream cheese with a spoon. It tastes more like a frosting then a cream cheese, as it errs on the sweet side, but not too sweet that you can't put it on your bagel. I usually only use half the CC provided on my bagel, but I used every last bit today (as you can see in the photos). 

I don't get bagels all that often, so not as if it'd be a regular addition to my breakfast repertoire, but I certainly will have one more of these before they go away for the season. 

Photos:





Rating:


1 comment:

  1. Note to self: Go get a pumpkin muffin AND a pumpkin pie bagel from Panera ASAP.

    ReplyDelete