9.19.2012

Let the Great Pumpkin Fun begin!

As much as I am a huge fan of summer ( not going to lie, I worship the sun) I love everything about fall- Football, the smell of burning leaves, halloween, apples, pumpkins... the list goes on and on. I talk every year about going pumpkin picking, or for a hayride, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. 

But today I got my first pumpkin cupcake of the season and had an epiphany. I am going to taste test every pumpkin cupcake and/or cookie in Baltimore possible and rate it here for you fine folks that read my blog. (Which, at this point is probably no one since I post so sporadically!) So while trying to hold onto good eating habits I'll have to sacrifice some for the sake of this project.

I'd already had the idea to have a pumpkin beer taste test party, so the results from that will come at a later date. For your entertainment, the first pumpkin cupcake review happens here:


Pumpkin Cupcake from the B&N Starbucks, via The Cheesecake Factory

The cake was billed as pumpkin, but it tasted more like a ginger/spice cake. Not bad by any means, but I was looking for more of a stand out pumpkin flavor. The cake itself was kind of dense, whereas I prefer my cupcakes to be light and moist. The frosting, cinnamon cream cheese, was the highlight. I prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, but for those that like a more subtle cinnamon taste this would hit the spot. The one downfall was the lack of frosting, I enjoy a larger cake to frosting ratio. 

Photos:






Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment