3.31.2015

Finance Challenge

I am terrible with money. Well, maybe not terrible, but definitely not great. I do my best to save, but anything outside of what gets immediately deposited into my savings account I will spend. Quickly. I can't help myself, I like to eat out, I like to shop and I like to buy things for people. The good thing is I do have a savings account so not like Im broke, but i still could do better.

However I am great with challenges. I am stubborn and like to prove people wrong, so saying I can't do something, or challenging me to something is ideal. I'm currently wrapping up the 31 day writing challenge, am in the middle of a healthy living challenge and about to start a squat challenge today. Not to say I'm perfect at them (I tend to slip up on occasion) but they inspire me to be greater and to do great.

That is why I think I need to find a finance challenge, or set one up for myself. One year I put aside every $5 bill that crossed my path, I managed to save $300! I think if I had to document every thing I spent I would be less likely to see my credit card bill slowly creeping up.  I need to treat my credit as if it were my real bank account. If I can create a habit of checking my finances and being mindful of what I spend I won't feel like I am always struggling to keep up. I think this would help my state of mind and help me to be less anxious and more happy.

Not sure yet what it will entail but plan to think on this and decide soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment